Friday, June 5, 2009

When you look in the mirror..

So... did you take a good look at yourself in the mirror?? What do you see?? How do you see yourself??

Yesterday, I came across a blog about taking a good long hard look in the mirror and where she asked the Lord, "What do You see Lord? What do You see here that was worth keeping? What good can I be to You now?".

After reading it, I began to think and imagined how exactly the Lord sees me when He looks at me because when I look myself in the mirror, all I can see is the FLESH!!

And it struck me immediately that my Father was showing me that I should always look toward Jesus for the reflection of how I should see myself for it is only when I look at Jesus I can see the imperfections in me..where I come short of His Glory and Righteousness.

So, I prayed to Lord, "Father, You see everything about me and know everything there is to know about me. Show me how You see me through Your eyes and help me to see myself as You do so I may know Your perfect love in me and I can perfectly love others too."

As I read through "Our Daily Journey", I couldn't agree more to this when these sentences catches my attention...

"The knowledge of ourselves is only possible through our knowledge of God. He is the standard by which we can come to know who we really are. He's the only one with a STRAIGHT MIRROR."

Pray Psalm 139:1-4, 23-24

0 comments: