Friday, June 5, 2009

Musical Masterpiece

Hillsong

Have you heard of Hillsong? If you are not probably a Christian, you might not have heard of them before. (But that's not always the case as some non-christian do heard of this band)

I have been a Hillsong's fan since I listen to their songs some years ago. As always, Hillsong has a freshness to their songs that goes the distance. Their songs are upbeat and genuinely heartfelt, it's refreshing and uplifting as well.

If you ask me to pick a favorite song on all their albums, I would be hard pressed to pick one as I have heaps of favorite songs of theirs. Why so?? One word... AMAZINGNESS, that's what!! They are all amazing, inspiring and anointed, but some of the ones that stuck me the most were, "At The Cross, Worthy is the Lamb, Shout to the Lord, Mighty to Save, Here I am to Worship, Oceans Will Part, One Way Jesus, Emmanuel, One Desire, Jesus Lover of My Soul, The Power of Your Love, Through It All".

And recently, I listened to this album, "This is Our God"....I was especially drawn to "This is Our God". An amazing song that keep drawing me closer to God, beyond words where I was touched immensely by its powerful lyrics and it is just so moving. This is a song that I could play on repeat for hours on end. Definitely give it a listen for as the moment you listen, it will struck you right into your heart.

This is Our God (Lyrics)

Your grace is enough
More than I need
At Your word I will believe
I wait for You
Draw near again
Let Your Spirit make me new

Chorus:
I will fall at Your feet
I will fall at Your feet
And I will worship You here

Your presence in me
Jesus light the way
By the power of Your word
I am restored
I am redeemed
By Your Spirit I am free

Bridge:
Freely You gave it all for us
Surrendered Your life upon that cross
Great is Your love
Poured out for all
This is our God
Lifted on high from death to life
Forever our God is glorified
Servant and King
Rescued the world
This is our God


I am so blessed to have heard this musical masterpiece. Take a little time off from whatever you are doing and give it a listen to some of these as well:

1) You'll Come
2) You are Faithful
3) Adonai
4) Across the Earth
5) Alive in You
6) Follow the Son


There's more than these track listed above. So better still, grab their album as an introduction to it and I pray that these songs would touch your heart, remind you once again of the breathtaking wonder of the cross and that you'll be ushered into the divine presence of God wherever you are.

God Bless!!

Psalm 27:1 - The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

0 comments: