Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Heart-warming

I have come across a one meaningful e-mail that I would like to share it with you.
Here how it goes:

PCT1124

Dear son, Dear daughter
The day you find that I have become very old,
try to have some patience with me & try to understand me.

If I get dirty while eating..
if I have some difficulty dressing.. be patient!
Remember the hours that I spent teaching you these things when you were small.

If I repeat the same thing dozens of time,
do not interrupt me!
Listen to me!

iStock_000004113069Small_reading to child

When you are small, you kept asking me to read you the same story,
evening after evening, until you fell asleep
And I did it happily!

EpicurianApron-782339

If I do not wash myself so often under the shower,
do not reprimand & do not tell me that it is a shame
Remember how many excuses I had to invent to make you take a bath when you were small.

Be seeing my ignorance of new technologies,
do not laugh at me but give me time to understand.
I taught you so many things..
to eat well..
to dress well..
to behave well..
how to confront the problems of life..

If sometimes I lose memory or am not able to follow a conversation,
give me the necessary time to recollect & if I do not get there,
do not become a nervous & arrogant person,
because the most important thing for me is to be with you
& to be able to speak to you.

If I refuse to eat,
do not force me!
I know very well when I am hungry & when I am not hungry..

zuri001

When my pour legs will not allow me to move as before..
Help me in the same way as when I held your hands to teach you take your first steps.

& when one day,
I shall say to you that I do not want to live anymore..
that I want to die,
do not get angry..
because one day, you will also understand!

Try to understand that at certain age,
we do not really live anymore.
We simply survive!

One day, you will understand that in spite of all my errors,
I always wanted what was best for you.

j0407501

You do not have to feel sad, unfortunate or incompetent
in front of my old age & of my state.
You have to stay near me, try to understand what I live for.

love

Help me walk, help me to end my life with LOVE & PATIENCE.
The only thing that I need from you is a SMILE & a lot of LOVE.

I love you...my son, my daughter!

Your dad, your mum.

0 comments: