Friday, November 13, 2009

What a day!

12th November 2009, around 7.30 - 8 p.m :

Car broke down in the middle of a traffic jam. While I was driving back from Queensbay Mall, I've realized that it's getting hot in the car. Hot air is coming out from the air-con, then suddenly I noticed that the needle in my car temperature gauge went up to the red zone and white smoke is coming out from my car hood. Worst thing was I am not only stuck in a traffic jam but I was somewhere near the roundabout. I knew that this was a bad place to pull over when there was just only two lanes to use. *Imagine how congested it would be* On the other hand, I knew that if I did not pull over, my car would really be in a deep trouble.

Without hesitating, I turned off the engine. Put on the hazard lights. Waited for a few minutes to let the car cool down. I panicked because I was scared that the car engine might explode within any seconds. *Wild imagination huh* Called my mum, told her everything and asked have I check and filled in water into the coolant reservoir tank? I said it has already been filled a few weeks ago. I remembered it vividly so does my baby.

Restart the engine and drove my car quickly to a safe spot rather than in a congested road before the temperature gauge gets close to the red zone. I examined the coolant reservoir tank and realized that the water level is quite low. But it's not possible because I knew me and baby just refilled it not long ago. Well, maybe it's possible as well since we used this car quite often.

Anyway, I refilled the tank with water. *it would always be safe to leave a bottle of water in the car, in case of emergency* Waited for a few minutes before restarting the engine. Watch the temperature gauge obsessively in case the needle approaches the red zone again.

But fortunately, everything seems fine on the way back. Thank God! What a day huh!! But it's a great learning experience.

2 comments:

KwOnG FeI said...

its good that the temperature gauge went down back..
btw i never experienced such incident before
normally, it will goes up especially driving long journey or climbing up hill..
next, is the car condition.. old car get hot easily..

Anonymous said...

dun worry..i kena before when i went kl..rosak at rawang there..smoke out...the meter reached till H there..hahaha