Monday, October 12, 2009

Homemade Cake

I have made a homemade marble cake for the youth cellgroup last Friday, since it was my baby's turn to bring some food. He's out of idea on what to bring so I have suggested to him why not a homemade cake since I felt a compelling urge to bake one. In another way, I get to sharpen my skills in making cakes to perfections. Who knows, I might own a homemade cake business in the near future. Whoa... a boss!!

IMG_4775

Anyway, this is not my first time baking cakes. But this is my first attempt in making a marble cake. Surprisingly, at the end of the day, I got a nice marble cake as it is nicely moist with a light-pound cake texture, considering this is my first. (not the appearance of the top layer because I'm still learning how to swirl the choco into a better design & should have add more choco to make it darker)

IMG_4781

I've considered this a success for my first attempt but it will be a process of trial and error to bake the perfect cake. Plain as it may look, the result of this marble cake is most satisfying as my baby & some of them told me that it actually tasted good. *happy*
Guess I gotta keep on experimenting.

What's next?? Angel food cake, jellies..?? What says you??

0 comments: